Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Day at a Time

Wow, I am so happy about the past few days. The Interview went well today. I have a second interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I feel like everything is falling into place. I will get my car back from the shop in a couple of weeks, and it looks like once again God has come through! I was sad that this weekend I missed church for the first time in a long time. I mean I was there Saturday night to teach my boys, but my parents didn't go this weekend, and my friend I was planning to go with to 608 wasn't feeling well. I have had an anxious feeling all week like I stood up God on our weekly date, but I just keep trying to remember that it isn't the place that brings me closer to him.

I also made a bit of a mistake this weekend, and I feel like I really let him and myself down. Tonight I'm going to sit down with my bible and spend some time in prayer and hopefully I will begin to feel his grace rain down. I love that line in a Chris Tomlin song that says, "you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same." It always brings tears to my eyes.

Every day I feel his forgiveness and healing more and more, and I feel so blessed that he gives me those moments. When chatting with him I call myself a WIP (which I first heard in a computer class) it means work in progress, and that is exactly what we as humans are. He is not finished with us yet. So, when you feel like you will never be perfect don't give up hope because he doesn't, and he won't. He will keep calling you back and extend to you his love and grace everytime. That is why he sent Jesus to us. To be in a relationship with us. And just like we feel the void when he isn't in our lives, he feels it to.

I only have a couple chapters left of Friday Night Knitting Club. So, I'm off to the tub, then to study the word!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on interview #2, I'll be praying it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about feeling like you stood God up! We got up early Sunday to go eat breakfast & the poor server was so s-l-o-w. We wound up leaving 10 minutes after the service started, so we didn't go. I have felt so guilty all week! I have to remind myself that the building isn't the relationship. What a great post! Good luck on your interview! I tagged you, so go check it out!

    ReplyDelete